- Funding announced under Community Centres Investment Fund
- 17 successful applicants in Clare
Fianna Fáil TD for Clare Cathal Crowe has welcomed the announcement of over €386,000 in funding for 17 community centres, parish halls, GAA clubhouses and community facilities across Clare today.
The funding has been allocated by Minister Heather Humphreys, with grants of up to €25,000 available for improvement and upgrade works.
“I’m a regular user of many of these facilities for my weekly clinics around the county so I’m delighted to see the hard work put in by these groups in attaining this funding pay off,” said Deputy Crowe.
“These grants, issued under the Community Centre Investment Fund (CCIF) will support groups to carry out refurbishments and improvements of their local community facility.
“This can include everything from energy retrofitting to disability access; from new windows and doors to improvements to the services provided such as Meals on Wheels.
“I know how difficult it is for many of these community groups to fundraise for necessary repairs and so forth on their premises so it’s particularly welcome at present, especially in light of the rising building costs.
“I look forward to visiting each of these facilities once again on my travels around Clare to hear what they intend on doing with their grants.
“In a county like Clare, the community centre or the parish hall or the GAA clubhouse – whatever it may be – is the heart of the community, particularly in rural areas.
“It’s vital that we support them in every way possible.
“I’m also aware that many community centres are struggling to make ends meet with rising energy bills and water tariffs – this is an issue I have raised directly with Minister Humphreys and I want to see strong action taken to ensure the survival of these facilities outside of remedial works.”
Full list of successful applicants
- Ballyvaughan Hall CLG (€24,360.95)
- Carrigoran House (€13,896.94)
- Cill Mhuire Community Centre CLG (€23,137)
- Cnoc na Gaoithe Cultural Centre (€25,000)
- Crusheen Community Centre CLG (€25,000)
- Doonbeg Community Development Co. (€24,085.86)
- Feakle Muintir na Tire (€24,023.04)
- Kilmurry McMahon Community Centre Committee (€11,747.25)
- Loughgraney Community Development Association (€23,933)
- Mike McTigue Community Centre (€25,000)
- Miltown Malbay Development Company Ltd (€25,000)
- Mná ag Gáire (€25,000)
- Ogonnelloe Community Centre Ltd (€16,110)
- Ruan Dysart Resource Group CLG (€25,000)
- Sixmilebridge GAA Club (€24,947.47)
- Tulach na Farraighe Community Hall (€25,000)
- West Clare Family Resource Centre (€25,000)