€1.6 million secured for Clare schools
- Summer works funding to be issued nationwide
- 19 schools in Clare chosen
Fianna Fáil TD for Clare Cathal Crowe has welcomed the allocation of €1.6 million in funding for works across 19 schools in Clare.
The approvals in this county form part of a total of 497 projects nationwide which will benefit from funding under the Summer Works Scheme.
“I’m delighted that this funding has been secured for 15 primary schools and four secondary schools across our county,” said Deputy Crowe.
“I want to firstly thank my colleague, Minister Norma Foley, for green-lighting these allocations.
“As somebody who spent 16 years at the top of the classroom, I know first-hand how important it is to ensure that our school buildings and facilities are up to scratch, to ensure that the education of children is the number one priority of all of the school staff.
“It’s also important to note that the funding has been announced well in advance of the summer to give a decent lead-in period to all principals and staff to put the necessary preparations in place ahead of the summer break.
“One of the most significant projects that will be able to proceed thanks to this injection of funding is at St Michael’s Community College in Kilmihil.
“The school has been approved for new science labs, including gas works, which will greatly enhance the scientific education of the young people of Kilmihil going forward.
“I look forward to visiting the chosen schools over the coming months and seeing where this funding is utilised and I stand ready to speak to all of the principals and provide guidance and advice where possible.”
The Clare schools are as follows:
- O’Callaghan’s Mills NS (Electrical works)
- Holy Family Snr (Mechanical works)
- Coolmeen NS (External environment)
- Kilkishen NS (Electrical works)
- Moveen NS (Mechanical works)
- Tuamgraney NS (Electrical works)
- SN an Phairtin Mixed (External environment)
- Holy Family Jnr School (Mechanical works)
- S N Chathair Aodha (Windows)
- Shannon Airport 1 NS (External environment)
- Labasheeda Central NS (Mechanical works)
- Inchicronan Central NS (External environment)
- St Aidan’s NS (Mechanical works)
- Convent of Mercy National School (Windows)
- Kilmurry McMahon National School (External environment)
- St Flannan’s College (Roof works)
- St Michael’s Community College (Science labs incl. gas works)
- St Joseph’s Community College (Roof works)
- Shannon Comprehensive School (Roof works)